Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Firecracker Dip



I can certainly identify with the artist Freak Nasty when they say:

When I dip you dip we dip
Although I'm pretty sure they aren't speaking of the kind of dip we're talking about today!   Anywho....let's do in fact talk about dip.  I mean I seriously love me some dips and I'm pretty sure dips were designed to be entire meals.   Can  you say FONDUE people?   See what I mean, a dip or two or three can be a meal.   I love dips anytime of the year but especially in the summer when I'm hot and I want to eat but I don't want to eat but I'm starving all at the same time. What's a girl to do?  Do da Dip!!!    I love dips even more now that I can't have anything with flour as an ingredient so those tomato sandwiches are a thing of the past for me.  (insert really really sad face here and broken heart)
We've already covered the topic of how I hate to waste food from the garden or anywhere else for that matter right over here and I didn't have quite enough things to "put up" or preserve so I started looking around and found this dip recipe.   I tweaked it and added and took away some stuff but I LOVE it now.   I posted the photo on Instagram and got a few requests for the recipe so I'm giving it to ya!!!  I didn't take a ton of photos (ok fine, I took 2) but I'm here to please the masses.   Masses= 2 people, geez you guys are holding my feet to the fire today aren't ya!
This is called Firecracker Dip and not only is it yummy but I think you should take it to your 4th of July festivities.  You know the festivus for the rest of us.  (Name that show!)
(forgive me I didn't get a chance to put together a printable for you) 
1 ¾ cup of corn, removed from the cob or canned/frozen   ( I actually used canned-desperate times)
1-2 jalapeƱo peppers, finely chopped (you must be willing to gage your acceptable level of hotness, I used 2)
½ medium purple onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 heaping tsp. cumin
3 TBSP lemon or lime juice  (whichever you have on hand)
⅓ cup olive oil
1 or 2 tomatoes, diced  (pick your level of tomato happiness-2 for me)
small handful of cilantro, minced
salt and pepper, per your taste
I also added one diced wax pepper (because I had one that was going to go bad and I needed to use it)
Combine all those ingredients in a big ole' bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.  You know because they all mingle and mix around in the fridge at night and get all lovey dove and yummy.
Serve with tortilla chips and share (or not- I'm not here to judge)


It's a happy kind of explosion in your mouth!


Now you may also note that if you follow me on Instagram (@SammaSpot) I posted this lovely picture today, it was lunch. I'll probably have the same thing for dinner because the salsa was freshly made when I snapped this photo and it's been hanging out in the refrigerator so it'll be even gooder yummy tonight!

The Firecracker Dip is bottom left and then the Guacamole and the Salsa.
The Guacamole has no real recipe but this is what I use:
Avocado
Chopped tomatoes (or salsa in a pinch)
Chopped onions
 Tiny bit of cilantro
Chopped fresh jalapenos
Lime juice
Splash of orange juice (seriously this makes all the difference in the world!!!)

If you want some yummy fresh salsa then just head right over here and you can make some yourself too!  I'm telling you nothing like FRESH salsa from the garden.  

Now I feel obliged to show you Sir Winston Churchill, it's been awhile.

Sir Winston took a ride with me to the bank today and he was rewarded with a treat at the drive thru. Then we went to Starbucks and while they were making my Frappuccino he was once again rewarded with another treat.  This one in the form of a Puppoccino.  It was his first trip to Starbies....dare I say not his last.  He was quite fond of his Puppoccino and will now be begging me for his own phone with the Starbucks app loaded and a prepaid balance to use at his discretion.  Spoiled much?

That's all I got for ya today my peeps.  I'm coming back soon with a Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Loaf and the pics of the last room I just finished decorating!!  I've been a busy busy girl!!
What are you peeps up to this summer?

Peace, Love & Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, pretty please, with sugar on top. I love reading them and it makes me feel like such a rock star!


Print Recipe

Print Friendly and PDF